i have an opinion on pretty much anything

Wednesday 5 February 2014

a little haul

Last week i visited my local shopping centre with my bestfriend Hollie, and no word of a lie, i speant about £70 in less than half an hour, that must be some kind of record. 
This is only a small haul and i am quite shocked i only bought these items as shopping for me usually means buying everything. However although i did only buy four items, i did still manage to spend £70 so it did turn out quite expensive, but i was super happy with my purchases.


The first shop i visited was New Look and i have to say, i am inlove with this store at the minute. It sells so many gorgeous clothes and everything is normally really affordable. You know when you go into a shop, pick up something then look at the price tag and put it straight back down? i dont think ive ever done this in there. 
Im really funny with clothes like i hate it when you see everyone always wearing the same thing, so i try my best to be unique and steer clear from 'the latest trends'. Obviously this is alot easier said than done, and my confidence in clothes is not the best, but i think New Look always have such a wide variety of clothes and if they are a part of the current trend, they somehow add their own 'twist' to products and create them in their own style. 

This is a black and white knitted coat i bought and when i first picked it up i wasnt too sure whether i liked it. It looked a bit 'frumpy' on the hanger, it just fell and had no shape if you get what i mean? However i did like the pattern and was in desperate need of a new coat, so i tried it on. It was at this moment in time that i fell inlove with it and had to buy it. Looking at the price tag, i nearly cried with joy i swear, it was originally priced at £65 and to be fair i probably wouldve still bought it, however it had been reduced to £32 in the sale. Someone please tell me how you can beat that?! 
It is so warm and so comfortable, i got it in a size12 as i always get coats a size bigger because i want them to still fit when wearing jumpers and layers underneath. I also really love the leather collar as it makes the coat so much more interesting.

so this is me, and i have done the best i can to blur my face out
without it looking to weird. I am aware how stupid i look but the
coat looks so much better on.
This is the coat on the hanger, and it just looks
really different like this.


it does also have specs of colour sewn into it, which from afar
 isnt that noticable, but upclose it looks so much prettier
I did also buy a brown leather jacket for my mum in there. I knew she had wanted it for a while and it had originally cost £45 which she refuses to spend on herself, but in the sale it was reduced to £18 so i thought i could treat her to it which made her day. im such a good daughter. ha.


The next shop i visited was 'Garage'. It is the best shoe shop around purely because the shoes are so nice and so cheap (im a sucker for a bargain). I often purchase my shoes in there, but i think its once a year they do these amazing sales that are way too good to miss and luckily i didnt miss it this time. You get to buy a pair of shoes and get a second pair (of your choice) for a £1, like that is possibly the best thing ever!?!?!? 



 The first pair of shoes i practically ran to were these gorgeous brown leather boots. I have been wanting these for like a year now i swear and every single time i go in there to buy them theyre sold out, but luck was so in my favour this day because i managed to pick them up for a pound. A POUND. They do look quite baggy on me which sucks, apparently i have tiny ankles because they dont fit me like they do on the models *cries* but i dont care i still love them. They are originally £30 i think, and do them in black aswell; i was going to buy the black pair for the second part of the deal, but they had sold out which was annoying.

These are the pair of shoes i paid full price for, and i think theyre quite cute. Not going to lie, they werent my first choice but everything else had been sold out so i went for these as theyre really simple, you can wear them with practically anything, and theyre really comfortable. Theyre kind of like a remake of the army/tramp/military/(any of the other names you may of had for them) boots but these are only ankle height. They cost me £30 which i think is a really reasonable price for them.



Overall this cost me roughly £70 so my debit card was probably wanting to murder me after that, but i had a good time. Me and Hollie also went for a TGI's after that, so i really did spend alot that day...

I hope you liked this little haul. It wasnt very long but i just thought id share some of my latest purchases for a little insight into my life.

georgia x

I also think i need to be banned from New Look.

No comments:

Post a Comment