i have an opinion on pretty much anything

Thursday 24 April 2014

Italia

During the Easter break I was lucky enough to go on holiday; but this wasn't the usual relaxing holiday, it was probably the most strenuous holiday i've ever been on. Skiing. 
I have always wanted to go skiing, its just something that always looked so amazing and fun therefore I was very excited. 
I travelled by plane to Passo Del Tonale in Italy, known for its beautiful slopes, and it did not disappoint. Travelling in April did scare me abit, as I did worry about the amount of snow that would be there during the Spring season, however I don't think I have ever seen so much snow in my life. 
Being a beginner, ski instructors were hired for the group to help us, but it didn't take long to pick up the basic skills required to get down a mountain without falling over. We were successfully doing red runs on the third day, so we didn't do too badly!
Overall I stayed for 6 nights, with 6 full days of skiing, and by the 4th day i'm not going to lie I was ready to give up. Because you're in the open fresh air and in the direct sunlight and putting all your energy into skiing it was extremely exhausting. The hotel was about a 40 metres away from the first ski lift, and although that doesn't seem like much, it was an uphill walk and we had to carry our ski's and ski poles whilst wearing ski boots (Ski boots are not the most comfortable boots to walk in). So as you can imagine, yes it was tiring. 
Putting aside my complaints, it was all totally worth it. The views were just beautiful I cant put into words how incredible some of the sites were, and skiing itself is actually really fun. I guess you have to be quite sporty or an adrenaline junky, because some moments do get your heart racing. I'm the least sportiest person going, so I went with a love for adrenaline rushes and it did not disappoint in that factor. 


Before flying, we had a quick meal in 'Armadillo's, a restaurant
 I hadn't been to before, and it was delicious 









It wouldn't be a trip to Italy without icecream
Drinking a hot chocolate on a mountain was honestly the best feeling in the world.




The trip was one I won't forget and i'm so glad I went on it, one to tick off the bucket list!




No comments:

Post a Comment